I think ^(link) therefore I err

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The President's Speech

For those of you who didn't get a chance to watch/hear the speech tonight, no worries, here is a re-cap.

To the American People,
Things didn't go as expected after the Iraqi election in 2005. My bad. So I'm going to do one other thing. Essentially, I'm going to send 20,000 more troops over there and this time we're going to win. Maliki has agreed.
The details:
Lots of embedding,
Lots of training,
No holding back
Oil revenue will be shared amongst all Iraqi's
Iran and Syria will be forced to quit their collaborations with the insurgents.

This time we're going to win. If things don't go exactly as planned, we'll make adjustments. There are other plans out there. Very honorable. But after talking with numerous people and listening to the Iraq Study Group, I'm going with this plan. If you have a new plan, just let me know why you think it will allow us to win, because that's the most important part and everyone, Congress, Generals, the Iraqi Govt, the Iraq Study Group all the big think tanks agree that we have to win this.

ps People are going to die and get hurt. Prepare yourself.

pps I am the Commander in Chief. No one else's plans have worked fully and I got the blame and rightly so. This round, I'm taking over.

Take care
President Bush

UPDATE: It was awesome!

UPDATE: Other reactions. John at Powerline wasn't impressed. Captain Ed see's Maliki doing his part already. Varifrank is with me.

In the papers: Jonah Goldberg notes that "at least Bush wants to win". And Ralph Peters as always has a great column.

For visual, take a look at some of Michelle Malkin's pictures while she's there.