I think ^(link) therefore I err

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Ghost of Jamil Hussein

Even the famous Eason Jordan can't find him!
If an Iraqi police captain by the name of Jamil Hussein exists, there is no convincing evidence of it - and that means the Associated Press has a journalistic scandal on its hands that will fester until the AP deals with it properly.
This controversy and the AP's handling of it call into question the credibility, integrity, and smarts of one of the world's biggest, most influential, most respected news organizations, the New York-based Associated Press.


from Instapundit:
UPDATE: Reader C.J. Burch emails: "I think I have a solution. The AP reports that Jamil is dead. Then Bob Woodward can interview him. That should clear up all the questions."
ROFL

I tell you what, that story about those 6 burned-alive Sunnis that the AP wrote with "Jamil's" help really turned my stomach. It was the closest I ever got to wanting to give up on Iraq. "Who can help these people?" It was apparently one big friggin fraud by the AP. My po'dness is big on this one. And think of all those people who haven't followed this nonstory? They still believe it really happened. But the AP just digs in it's heels. grrrrrrrr