I think ^(link) therefore I err

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Zawahiri Message

Powerline has read it so we don't need to. (and based on his quotes, may I say, Thank you!)

John gives a point to the part where Zawahiri gives credit the Mujahadeen for the Democrat win.
(Zawahiri) The third thing I wish to talk about is a message to the Democrats in America.
I tell them: you must realize two facts.

The first is that you aren’t the ones who won the midterm elections, nor are the Republicans the ones who lost: rather, the Mujahideen – the Muslim Ummah’s vanguard in Afghanistan and Iraq – are the ones who won, and the American forces and their Crusader allies are the ones who lost.

(John) Hmm. Once again, I think he has a point.
I think that's crap. While al-Qaeda is in Iraq, if al-Qaeda were all we were fighting in Iraq I suspect the war would have everyone's full support. Including Iraqis.

The problem Democrats have with Iraq is that the "insurgents" are not the same as "al-Qaeda". And I doubt Baathist insurgents would like to be call Mujahadeen.

There is a lot going on in Iraq. Sectarian violence, violence from ex rulers, imported violence and al-Qaeda violence. Zawahiri did not win this election.

Much of what is heard in Democratic circles concerning the "War on Terror" is that we "lost focus" in Iraq. "If only we hadn't gone into Iraq we could have gotten Bin Laden...." etc, etc.

There are fine lines in war and I happen to agree with Bush on this one. It was important that we went into Iraq, drawing a line in the sand as to what would be tolerated and not. Others didn't see it that way and those others won this election.

Zawahir is living in a f****** cave and sending out video messages. He won squat.