I think ^(link) therefore I err

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Iraq

Instapundit linked to this article for a second time so I thought I'd read it.
It basically talks about really doing what it takes to win the war by adding more troops to overwhelm the enemy. Which does work. But the point that isn't made in this article is we still have the situation where we want the Iraqis to take care of themselves. The mindset there is not necessarily that of the Europeans or the Japanese after WWII. We still have the middle eastern culture to deal with long term here so it may be possible that "doubling down" isn't the best idea in this case.

I believe that's what Rumsfield was trying to say. Yes, it may be time to try something new. I am not one to second guess those in charge of the military because I know squat, but this article people are pointing to is not very well rounded.
That, my friends is my 2 cents. And it's worth every penny!