I think ^(link) therefore I err

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Another election observation


Talk radio is all over the thought that "Republicans lost because they betrayed the conservative agenda". I think they need to remember something else.

Voters came out in droves this year. Democrats were tired of losing past elections and are starting to realize that every vote counts. Karl Rove taught them that one. And it's a good one to learn.

Now, even if Republicans go back to conservativism, they will still need to get more voters out than Dems. That will probably happen because it will be the Republicans that are mad next time and the Democrats will be complacent, but my recommendation to those in charge is, don't go too far into fairyland thinking that this country isn't basically 1/2 and 1/2.

ps - I've been out of the blogging action to any extent lately but the good news is the dog is coming home tonight from the hospital! (hence his pic)