I think ^(link) therefore I err

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday

I keep doing the "quick links" because I keep being in a hurry. Somehow October has already gotten away from me and it's only the first! Anyway - I'll be out until Thursday of this week. See you then! In the meantime,

Michelle Malkin responds to her slammers. I don't know why she gets so insulted in so many politically incorrect ways. It boggles.
There is a time to be tolerant and there is a time to draw lines. If you don't draw those lines, bullies will be emboldened. The smug Gawker smear machine is all about pushing those boundaries with the expectation that no one will push back. They project their own cynicism, recklessness with facts, intellectual laziness, and bad faith on everyone else.

But outside of Manhattan and Los Angeles, not all of us think blogging is a for-profit enterprise founded solely to tear people down with gossip, rumor-mongering, and damaging lies disguised as "satire." Funny how some of the loudest voices decrying the lack of civility in the blogosphere are the biggest promoters of the bottom-feeders and debasers at Gawker Media.


Glenn found a London Times report on Annan that sounds good.

And Jawa notes who's guarding a Sunni politician in Iraq.