I think ^(link) therefore I err

Friday, July 07, 2006

Gaza and the UN

Here's to John Bolton!
In New York, the UN Security Council has debated a draft resolution demanding an immediate Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and the release of detained Palestinian officials.

The draft was presented by Qatar on behalf of the UN's Arab Group, but appears doomed in view of opposition from the US, which has the power of veto.

The draft does not mention the Palestinian rocket attacks or Cpl Shalit's capture, and the US ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, said the document was "not balanced".

Looking for "man on the street" quotes, the BBC found this one.
Why do thousands of Palestinians have to suffer death, destruction, lack of water, and electricity for the fate of one Israeli soldier?
Omar, Washington DC

Me, me, pick me, I know.....
Because the Palestinians are the people who voted in the people who have kidnapped the one Israeli soldier. That was too easy. Ask another one.