I think ^(link) therefore I err

Friday, May 05, 2006

Moussaoui

The Environmental Republican is right. The general feel I get from the blogosphere is that Moussaoui should be executed. Peggy Noonan writes a very thoughtful piece concerning that, as does Varifrank. (though Varifrank is advocating life in prison if only because it's worse than death)

Interestingly enough, what I haven't heard is that one of the reasons for opposing the death penalty is the basic Christian reason. We will never forgive this guy. Ever. But keeping someone locked away in prison gives him the chance to get right with God. vs just killing him and sending him straight to hell. And frankly - if there is a hell, he'll probably go there anyway at least if I were in charge. But then again, I take grace, I don't dispense it as well!