I think ^(link) therefore I err

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Future

Dr. Demarche is not seeing a clash of civilizations, but a clash FOR civilization. I don't disagree, but I don't think we'll be defeated in the long run.
Unfortunately, I am beginning to doubt that we are equipped with either the means or the will to take on this ideology, at home or in the Middle East,in any meaningful way and that it is our very concept of civilization that keeps us from doing so.
While currently it mak not look like we're equipped - I think it's because in a lot of ways enough of us don't believe in our idealogy. However - look at Afghanistan under the Taliban. Those people are happy the Taliban are gone. If the Iranians really start ruling Talibaniwise then they are going to find themselves in trouble. When you see/live the difference you find yourself believing in your ideals (civilization).