I think ^(link) therefore I err

Monday, March 06, 2006

Steyn

On...well, I'm not sure. I think he's bored with it all this weekend. Evidence...

Title: "Long War" is Breaking down into Tedium
That's self-explanatory.

Excerpt: My worry is that on the home front the war is falling prey to lack-of-mission creep -- that, in the absence of any real urgency and direction, the "long war" (to use the administration's new and unsatisfactory term) is degenerating into nothing but bureaucratic tedium, media doom-mongering and erratic ad hoc oppositionism.
Does he want a real emergency here just to break the log-jam of bureaucrats from the DHS?

Except: William F. Buckley and George Will have more or less respectfully detached themselves from the insane idealism of shoving liberty and democracy down people's throats whether they want it or not.
Does he think the Iraqis don't want democracy?

Between the Patriot Act and it's bureaucratic fakeries, and the war, and Dubai, and the Democrats - I don't think he really had a point. Just that he didn't know what else to write about. I have days like that. Either way - rule number 1 - always link to Steyn!