I think ^(link) therefore I err

Saturday, March 04, 2006

News Photos and Captions

Sadly I can not replicate the story and photo in the Longmont Daily times call today. Oftentimes their website stories are a day off or not exactly the same as the newspaper. However, I'll explain, because it's funny. Here's the ap story by Terence Hunt on "Bush Opens Pakistan visit to show solidatity with Musharraf."
The story talks about the heavy security and the anti-American sentiment and the rioting. It talks about Bush trying to spread good feelings around.
The picture that goes with the story has this caption.
"Pakistani protesters hold a placard as they shout anti U.S. slogans during a rally in Karachi, Pakistan, on Friday. Anti-U.S. protests erupted across Pakistan just hours before President Bush was to arrive for a visit."

The picture shows a bunch of protesters carrying a placard that reads:
DEATH TO
AMERICAN
TERRORISM

Sounds good to me!!
I'm just not sure if ap got the story wrong and all the crowds were anti-terrorist or did the protesters get the sign wrong?