I think ^(link) therefore I err

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hillary and Jesus

Thank you Captain Ed. I read her quotes yesterday and just shook my head and then forgot about them. You've got the story. Thank you for blogging this one.

(I'm assuming you all read the story where Hillary said the bill changing illegal immigrants to felons would turn "probably even Jesus himself" into a criminal.)

Hillary has all the chutzpah of her husband and almost none of his deft political touch. This speech sounds exactly as if a marketing firm designed it. One can almost hear the debate around the table: "She needs to reference religion more." "Hillary has to connect with the base." "She needs to be more aggressive in attacking Republicans." At this point, one of the young geniuses would leap to his/her feet and say, "Eureka! Let's have her slam Republicans for turning Biblical figures into criminals with their immigration policy!"


Why is she popular?