I think ^(link) therefore I err

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Good signs

David Ignatius is finding reasons to be optimistic in Iraq.
The Iraqi political dialogue will move into a new and potentially fractious stage soon, when the leaders begin bargaining over who will hold top positions in the new government. Those negotiations could blow apart the fragile hopes for a unity government. But, for a change, pessimism isn't necessarily the right bet for Iraq.
I have not read his stuff for a while so I didn't realize that pessimism HAD been the right bet for Iraq.

In the meantime the BBC notes the spirit of cooperation from the current leaders there as Jaafari agrees he'll step down if needed.
"If my people ask me to step aside I will do this," Mr Jaafari said, shortly after attending the much-delayed inaugural session of Iraq's parliament.

The Shias' nomination of Mr Jaafari has been a major sticking point in forming a government as he lacks wider support.

He has been criticised for not doing more to curb Iraq's violence.
Signs of maturity here that have made me optimistic on most days.

Iraq the Model while disappointed in their leaders, thinks they will assure better decisions next round!
But that's not the politicians' mistake, it's in my personal opinion the people's mistake for they have elected those unqualified politicians and now the people must accept the fact that they will have to live with a government below their expectations for four years but I have hope that the people will learn from this experience and make better choices when the next time comes…that's if Iraq survived these four years and I believe it will.