I think ^(link) therefore I err

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Prescription Drugs

Can they do this? Legislate to make businesses carry certain products?

The Environmental Republican has the story about Massachusetts requiring Walmart to carry the morning after pill. Apparently each pharmacy is required to carry all "commonly prescribed medicines." You'd think there would at least be a codicil/adendum or whatever saying that there were exceptions to "commonly socially disputed medicines". Or some way to call yourself a "limited pharmacy" if you chose not to carry the whole list of things required.

Personally I'd never make it in big business. I have a very large 'cut of my nose to spite my face' gene. If I were Walmart, I would simply close the stores in MA. (yes, I know, job losses, profit losses, stock holders etc. Like I said, I'd never make it.)