I think ^(link) therefore I err

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The big spying "Scandal"

Bush responds.
There has been so much going on lately and the President has found his voice again. I look forward to tonight's speech.

UPDATE: Varifrank is doing us the service of keeping an eye out for evidence that our new feel good policy of no torture will result in the other guy being nicer too. Maybe he can watch for how our world reputation improves with the nonrenewal of the Patriot act also since that's been another major worry. eh?
My take on torture is that if you don't follow the rules, then we don't have to follow the rules. Torture shouldn't be allowed on those who get swept off the street during a battle, but if you got "the guy" then........Try writing that into an official policy. Exactly. So to ban all forms against everyone seems excessive. In all honesty though, I haven't kept up with the debate. Feel free to correct me, but I suspect there already is enough on the books to keep us from torturing willy nilly out there.