I think ^(link) therefore I err

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

About People.

This post has more than enough to read in one day and plenty of quotes worth reading.
----------------------------------------------------------------
i.e.
Now it may come as a shock to those foreign luminaries who come to lecture us on how an American city leveled by forces roughly equivelent to a nuclear explosion reduce it to something "like a third world country."

This difference being lost on them seems to be this: in an American city there is garbage on the streets and people wander around looking for food and water, AFTER BEING LEVELED BY A CAT 5 HURRICANE, which is the storm swell of the Dec. 2004 tsunami, plus winds, extending inland not for two or three miles but for two or three HUNDRED MILES. In a third world country, people living in stacks of garbage, searching for food and water happens EVERY STINKING DAY. That is the NORM.


UPDATE: Let me add this post too.

UPDATE: I'd never heard of the magic marker strategy, but it makes sense to me.

UPDATE: (clever how I'm sneaking this all into one post so I can stand by my first line eh?) Anyway, we can't not have Steynand Steyn when he's available.

UPDATE: AND this post about conservativism. Now I'm done and off to work.